Bridal Makeup 101: The Essential Guide
Weddings are a significant part in life’s journey. A wedding is a ceremony that is considered to be the holy union of two souls until death parts them. And in fact, marriages are said to be matches made in heaven.
Why are Weddingsso important in India?
Weddings are a part of India’s rich tradition and culture. Here, it isn’t just about the two individuals, but two families uniting together. It is a blend of pride, heritage, love, joy and a lot of emotions. Marriages in india, last for many days. Although the actual wedding gets over within a couple of hours, the celebrations may last up to a week. There are so many festivities that take place as part of the wedding. And they vary from religion to religion, caste to caste, place to place and family to family. Weddings are a lavish affair
Where to begin planning the wedding?
A lot of efforts go into planning a wedding. It takes months of running around in fact. This is why some people hire wedding planners to make it easy for them. But most people like to plan their own weddings and have planners only to assist them in certain aspects. So what are the preparations that need to be done? A venue plays a major role is planning the perfect wedding. It can be an exotic destination, a traditional marriage hall, home sweet home or a place of worship. People generally hire wedding planners to decorate the place once the theme is chosen. Once the venue is finalised, the wedding invitations are designed, printed and personally given out to friends and family. Then comes the crucial fragment of a wedding. Shopping and grooming. From picking the perfect outfit for each occasion and what jewellery to match with each outfit to deciding the hairstyle and makeup, there’s a lot of work involved. Shopping trips are so many that you might lose count of them. To look and feel fabulous, grooming has to be done right. There are a lot of bridal artists and professionals who are hired to take care of the grooming.
Why is bridal makeup significant?
That one day in your life where you get to wear extravagant clothes and look a bit extra is your wedding day. You may want to look your most beautiful self as it is a day where the world will witness your happiness radiating from within as it marks the beginning of your journey with your life partner. This is where bridal makeups come into the picture. Bridal makeups help you look your absolute best and looking your best means glowing with confidence and resonating joy.
How is the bridal makeup done?
Bridal makeup, specifically indian makeup is art mastered by a handful. It takes more than skills alone; it takes taste and experience, a third eye to know what kind of makeup suits a person. There are so many different makeups today. With that being said, you must hire a professional who understands your skin, knows what works for you and at the same time creates a look that you love. So how is the bridal makeup done? Usually, the bridal makeup artist will arrive at the place where you need to get ready a couple of hours before the wedding. If it is a morning wedding, they will come very early in the morning or if the wedding is in the evening, they will come in the afternoon and begin their work. The reason they arrive early is because every bridal makeup is a masterpiece that requires its time. It isn’t like regular makeup where you get dressed in half an hour. So, on the day of your wedding, ensure you wake up at least 3-4 hours prior to the time of the wedding. Wear your outfit alone and begin getting your makeup done. You need not to worry about your day. It is very important to relax. It is understandable that the anxiousness will haunt you. Take a deep breath and count to 10. Meditate if it helps. But don’t let those wedding jitters eat you alive. The stress will show on your face and in turn be reflected on your bridal makeup. Now that’s not something you would want to see right? Trust the artist and you will see your transformation into a beautiful bride. Lets not let some temporary jitters ruin our stunning look and stop us from being the talk of the town.
What are the bridal makeup tips to be followed?
Getting the right look is not just about being ready on the day of your wedding. There’s a lot of background work you must do in order to achieve that perfect look. Here are the top 10 tips that might help you look your best:
- Cleanse your face and lips. It is important to have a daily cleansing ritual to keep your face and lips moisturised and oil free. Set a reminder on your phone and begin this cleansing regime at least a month or two in advance
- Be wise to choose the best products that suit your skin. Not many know that not all products can suit everybody’s skin. There is this notion that all expensive products that are popular in the market will work well on your skin. But the truth is entirely different. In reality, only specific products blend with your skin type. The rest will give you rashes and redness. So it is important to try the different products and choose the best one that is friendly to your skin
- Like all that glitters is not gold, not all kinds of bridal makeup will suit you. Do a lot of research and trials to zero down on that one look that not only blends with your skin tone but also goes hand in hand with your outfit
- Hire the best makeup artist to do your makeup. Get a trial makeup done in advance to know if he/she is the one. Doing it on your own can prove to be disastrous and stressful. So rule that option out completely
- Do not over do your makeup. You might end up looking like a clown from the circus. Moderation is the key to look glam and it is the trend now
- Get the best concealer that suits you and make sure to try it on. You might need it in case of an emergency when a pimple pops out in the 11th hour like an unwanted guest
- Make sure that you have good makeup brushes. If not go buy them right away
- Get a good hair spray and makeup spray to keep your look intact throughout your wedding. I’m positive that you wouldn’t want any last minute mess up
- Ensure that you have tried your entire look we’ll in advance to get the feel of it and to practice carrying yourself with confidence
- Last and most essential tip is to stay calm. Yes you heard me right. Staying relaxed is the most important thing. As it more likely to show on your face if you’re jittery. Meditate and take deep breaths every now and then
What bridal makeup look to choose?
You might have looked pictured yourself looking like Deepika Padukone or Priyanka Chopra in your wedding dress. But have you wondered if that look will actually suit you? Moreover, nothing can beat looking your own beautiful self, being comfortable in your own skin. Having said that, it is equally important to research about the various looks that can be suitable for you. There are so many kinds of wedding makeups and looks out there that will work magic for you. Do enough number of trials to see what works best in your favour. Discuss with your beautician. But remember to choose a look that goes well with your skin tone and matches perfectly with the outfit that you plan to wear on your day.
Choosing the best makeup artist
Weddings are a lavish affair. Everybody wants a dreamy, fairytale type of a wedding in which they wish to appear like a princess. Not everybody can give you that exquisite look. Only experts and experienced professional artists can create that magical look. One such makeup guru is Fiza Makeup Artist who owns Fiza makeup. She is a popular brand in the industry and has more than 22 years of experience and is a specialist in indian bridal makeup. She is the best makeup artist in jaipur.If you happen to host your wedding in jaipur, she is the perfect makeup artist you’re looking for.